The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: No simulcast video on Cablevision
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:57 pm 

It looks like the video feed has been cut again, I hope Belmont will be on Cablevision come Friday. Where is Jeebs and his "Aw, not that Shit again" picture?

Post subject: Re: No simulcast video on Cablevision
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:17 pm 

Fanny Fingers isn't happy either.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:18 pm 

Thank You Pole!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:40 pm 

How many times do they think they can jerk us around?

My other sport is tennis. Yes I spend a lot of days in Flushing during the US Open. But I want to watch the sessions I don't attend on TV. Cablevision and the Tennis Channel are having a pissing contest. The night matches over Labor Day weekend were shown only on TTC, so I was stuck listening the the live "radio" broadcast over the computer. And htey don't know how to do radio play-by-plays.

Another beef I have with Cablevision is ESPN 360, which occasionally shows some good stuff. Similar pissing contest, Cablevison wants to charge for it, ESPN says it should be free. So we don't get to watch it on the computer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:48 pm 

aspidistra wrote:

My other sport is tennis. Yes I spend a lot of days in Flushing during the US Open. But I want to watch the sessions I don't attend on TV. Cablevision and the Tennis Channel are having a pissing contest. The night matches over Labor Day weekend were shown only on TTC, so I was stuck listening the the live "radio" broadcast over the computer. And htey don't know how to do radio play-by-plays.

Another beef I have with Cablevision is ESPN 360, which occasionally shows some good stuff. Similar pissing contest, Cablevison wants to charge for it, ESPN says it should be free. So we don't get to watch it on the computer.

as Long as there is a Way to Grease the Palm , NY Politics won't change . These Hacks are Jus Going around Getting More Grease

As said Before , I live in Arkansas and Get to see Every NY race without Greasing

Time to Move out of NY or Run for State Senator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:06 am 

aspidistra wrote:

Cablevision has had similar if not exactly identical pissing contests with the Yankees, Mets, Islanders, NHL (versus channel), NFL channel, MLB extra innings. And who can forget how they prevented the Jets from building a stadium on the rail yards.
All of this in the time of lil' Jimmy Dolan. And after NYRA and Nassau OTB settled their differences to show Saratoga again, for some reason it took Cablevision over a day to turn the feed back on. Truly an evil empire.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:05 pm 

Video was back up on Wednesday, we'll see about Friday

Post subject: Hey Sully
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:55 pm 

I realize that I have neither the years under my belt nor experience with paying attention to politics but your answer for everything can't simply be NY state's political corruption. I didn't realize the NY State legislators cornered the market on incompetence and illegal behavior. I think there's a plenty of bullsh*t that goes around and it's not exclusive to the empire state.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:10 pm 

The State Legislature can't exactly force Cablevision to carry anything they don't want to carry.

I have had problems with the Dolans going back to well before they formed Cablevision, like to the early 1970s! They competed actively on the local horse show circuit (as did I, just a whole lot less actively, as we were not rich). They felt the need to win at any cost. They did things that were considered inhumane in public, to get the horses to perform at a higher level; I hated to think of what they did behind the scenes. They still play by the same rules, just the stakes are bigger.

Post subject: Re: Hey Sully
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:34 am 

bigbird914 wrote:
I realize that I have neither the years under my belt nor experience with paying attention to politics but your answer for everything can't simply be NY state's political corruption. I didn't realize the NY State legislators cornered the market on incompetence and illegal behavior. I think there's a plenty of bullsh*t that goes around and it's not exclusive to the empire state.

I wish I could Agree with You But I can't . I think that Ny stands Right Next to Illinois in the Two Most Corrup States in the Union . Go read about the Numbers of Legislators , Senators , Govenors removed from Office .

Now it May be that they are STUPID and get caught More Often \

A state senator in Arkansas gets paid $12000 a Year and $50 a Day travel Expenses when in Session . Not a Get Rich Job. Done Mostly by Folks interested in Seving . A state Senator in NY earns close to a Quarter of a Million a Year . Highest of Any State. Tell Me How That Is ? Who do You Think works harder and Requires More Brains . NYPD oe State Senator ? Why are they Paid More ???
I think these Folks Voted in Full Pensions for Themselves if they do 8 Years in the Senate
Ask your State Senator if he or She will Go on The Health Care Program that OBLABBER has in Mind . Tell me when they stop Laughing
I think if NY Abolished the Senate and Hired American Idol to Post Bills and Vote , NY would be in the Black