The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: Richer Heads Prevail
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:26 pm 

Boys Boys Boys . You would think the Rubbers were a Plan Devised by Crooks and Zealots to Get them Richer .

Last time I looked the Idea was to Soften the Blow to a Racehorse and Hopefully see More Survive . Dirt Tracks were For the Iron Horses who Had Top Breeding , Just Not the Case Today . 90% of those Racing were Concieved in some Frozen Tundra Barn with a $1000 Stud High on the Speed Index.

Its Just a Different World

I'm not Going to Judge a Champion Horse on the Surface But on the races They Run . I certainly wont judge a Golden Glover by Whether He is in a Dome or on AstoTurf .

For As Much Pretty Pony Messaging as we have seen in Hear , you would Think Most of you would be Willing to Give The Artificial surfaces Half a Chance . Look at Woodbine , That Teack Seems Much Better as a Result

You know the REAL and Only reason NYRA hasn't swiched Surfaces is because they are Too Broke to Switch . Somehow they are Trying to Play like they are the Good Guys and the All Synthetics are BAD EVIL Places . Again Remember the Reason Most Elected to take a chance . HORSE SAFETY . Hey I can live with the change if it Works . If Not I'd bet Most will go Back to Dirt/Clay . Its still Cheaper in the Long Run

Zanyatta Vs Rachel . Hey These Folks Own the Horse , They Get To choose . Remember SeaBiscuit ?? Where did he Go to Prove Himself ?

Personally I think Zenyatta Beats Rachel TODAY on any surface . That May Change by November. But The Races She Has Won Vs a Preakness Win For Rachel Don't Put Rachel on the Same Map .

Rachel is Currently part of a Weak 3 Yr old Crop and so she Shines . Put Her in With Older Mares or Even Yet Older Graded Stakes Horses ? I think she is Mid Pack while Zenyatta Wins .

This is my 2 Cents .

PS By the Way TIM [Jeebs] , good to see you back posting. As always We Retain the Right to Disagree yet Respect that You DO . Welcome Home.