The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: Thursday Aqueduct Race 8
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:16 am 

What? Only 7 "atta-boys" for this score?

Once upon a time, on boards far, far away... board members shared a lot of praise and appreciation when one of their own nailed a race on the head. It makes people feel good, and generates positive energy that radiates throughout the board unit and makes people WANT to participate in the discussion.

I guess some of us are just too wrapped up in our own personal vendettas to give a damn about others anymore, let alone the board.

It's OK. An "atta-boy" isn't going to make-or-break a person. At the end of the day, we're all competing for each other's money.

Maybe 1/4 Pole is right... you can never go back.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:12 am 

I just caught the post since I spent all day Thursday helping my frogs mate. I was only around to cook off some spammers. These are the scores we all live for and I for one lift a glass to the Rocketman.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:09 pm 

:) I didn't post the selection for atta-boys or pats on the back, though of course, I am grateful for the congratulations that have been extended. Focused on one race, because I had been waiting for that one horse, so was able to wax extensively about him in my analysis; however, there are a couple of other members here who go into detail on certain selections. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. I got lucky. Yesterday I won, today and tomorrow I might lose.
Sorry for not laying out my wagers, but there was simply no time; I've learned the hard way that getting the bets in is a priority over typing......hoping one or two people here placed some sort of winning bet on the race. It was a weekday and many are at work and the board is usually moribund under such circumstances - let's hope better weather ahead will improve fields and bring out more posters here.
Those who know me from this board and have hung out with me at the track, are aware that I can be frenetic in my wagering....still wrestling to get my style under control. I do want to state that extra bucks came from wheeling Weaver's second place horse in an exacta box just before the gates opened. Tree huggers, in particular, know that George can be a savior (when he's not a rat) at the right time. Weaver is inscrutable.

I love this board, warts and all, in all its incarnations. Flames can occasionally climb to the sky, but we all keep coming back. I don't frequent any other internet racing boards - not a one. And you'd better know that some of best handicappers inhabit this space.....many of us never stop learning.

So be it......now let's lock this thread and get on with life. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:24 pm 

Speaking of Weaver, I has hoping to see him have an entry of two on today's lawn contests.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:39 pm 

:arrow: Weaver almost always goes for the price in anything other than a stakes. I was taught by someone close to one of his clients that he prefers accomplished jockeys to ride his mounts, which is why you will almost never see him employ apprentices, esp., when trying to put one over.
He maintains a residence in the Saratoga area and likes to shine up there for the Spa meet. Interesting, that despite his trainer lineage and a handful of well-heeled clients, he rarely attracts blue-blood owners; hence, his less than high profile status in the trainer ranks.

With Weaver, it's hit or miss, all or nothing. When you score with one of his bangs, the happiness can make you giddy. When he loses, you feel betrayed [Weaver the Rat]. Tread carefully, but do take occasional chances - they can be profitable.