The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Thursday Aqueduct Race 8
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:23 am 

:geek: On St. Patrick's Day, System Restore fell victim to a very amateur ride, one you would expect from an apprentice, but not from someone as experienced as C.C. Lopez. The trip was so horrid, that the DRF chartcaller devoted a large chunk of his post-race synopsis detailing every zig and zag and the inference was clear as to who was responsible.

7YO gelding returns today (ML 10-1) in a 6-1/2f optional claimer for NYBs (same condition as last outing, but that was at 6f) and will be running with a $25K tag again. Normally, I would beg for a new rider, but despite the fact that Chucky has not thrilled me this season, I have observed that this journeyman jockey often rectifies previous gaffes, esp., botched starts (though a bad start wasn't the problem in the previous race). This time out, he'll have to be more decisive and demonstrate assertion out there.

Would prefer not to dissect trainer Diane Balsamo; let's just say that when not subbing for fellow trainer David Jacobson, her own charges only seem to win on the NYRA circuit when there's a fat price in the offing. In fact, System Restore won at 69-1 [!] back on Dec. 05, on the idt - his last victory. Not getting those odds today and 10-1 will suffice for me in this nine-horse field (before scratches). I should mention that the winner of that 3/17 dash, Dr. Disco, will be returning in the Bay Shore Stakes on the Wood Memorial undercard this Saturday.

Ironically, System Restore was on the watchlist of DRF handicapper Dave Litfin, but he makes no mention of this steed in today's analysis.....mixed signals. This is one of those situations in which you think you're the only one who picked up on the troubled trip, but in fact, everyone saw it.

I'll wait until the lead-up to the race to decide if I'm going to plunge and, if I do, I'll hold my breath. There's a measure of trust involved here and given the parties behind this runner, I'm uncertain if I want to invest a lot of trust. But I'd sure like to build a fund for Saturday at Aqueduct! 8-)

Post subject: Re: Thursday Aqueduct Race 8
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:03 pm 

:D System Restore: W 47.80 Pl 17.40 Sh 12.40 ex = $551.00

I now have a very healthy balance for Saturday at Aqueduct. 8-)

Hit the ALL button in the late DD. Will sit back and root for the largest payout to add to the riches.

I knew that I saw what I saw. And the price was more than right for Diane. And Chucky made good off the previous mistake.

Amen, hallelujah!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:13 pm 

Very interesting analysis and nice call Good luck in double. Have to beat the 11 wiseman's ferry filly figured it out last time and meets WEAK field.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:26 pm 

Nice narrative, great hit.....head of the class.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:46 pm 

DeoVolente wrote:
Very interesting analysis and nice call Good luck in double. Have to beat the 11 wiseman's ferry filly figured it out last time and meets WEAK field.

:arrow: DiPrima's MTO Illgiveyouwattever wins by default in a field reduced to five runners and another trainer emerges from slumber. But you know, I'll take whatever they gave me at that point. :lol:

This was a good day. :) I focused on one race and finally got it right. Now, I have to not get carried away too quickly, because I'm pretty good at pissing away new found fortune. :roll:

I found that 8th race winner on St. Patrick's Day - time to celebrate with some Irish gin!! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:15 pm 

Nice hit! Best of luck Saturday!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:47 pm 

Outstanding! The analysis was spot on and very comprehensive. Great hit!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:11 pm 

redboard :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:07 pm 

Nice hit. :mrgreen:

Excellant analysis.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:41 pm 

An all time classic call for this board. Add this one to the Hall of Fame. Greta call Rocket.