SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Any doubles posted yet???
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:59 pm 

have the 1- 6...pays $49.80....1-11 pays $21.00

Sway Away is 14-1, yet nearly 3rd choice in doubles///Mucho is $49.00

Last edited by Hopalong on Fri May 20, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Any doubles posted yet???
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:32 pm 

I was going to play $15 DD 1 / 1,9,11.

Because i bet with NYRA I had to make a win bet instead. The double was only taken over the phone and the phones were dead.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:20 pm 

NYRA caught $25 million in taxpayer money last year just to stay afloat while the BILLIONS in VLTs were on the shelf. Jeez, it's coming and so is my dead Granpa and Christmas and my neutered tomcat.

I spent two years in the computer room with AutoTote in the early 1990s at Aqueduct, Belmont, and Saratoga but spent more years than that as a part-time mutuel clerk before and after. I had a New York racing license for both jobs and just could not believe how badly NYRA was run.

In the early '90s part-time mutuel clerks would draw their money and then run with it at the end of the day. The mutuel boss, Vince Hogan, let it fly (he later went to prison and no doubt didn't want to make waves then). I knew a fellow that made off with more than $3,000 and no policeman ever looked for him. I knew part-time mutuel clerks that balanced out at the end of the day and returned their locked money box to the money room that had nothing in it but air.

The last time I worked was at Belmont in 2003. I was happily hired on as an experienced mutuel clerk for Belmont week but my racing license meant nothing - I was an outside contractor working for a temp agency that was in on the cheap for NYRA. I was working with dismal young people that spoke Ebonics and kept trying to hustle a casher out of the 20 cents on the $4.20 winning ticket - "Yo, I be got no change."

Yeah, I still love the action but just like a 10-year-old stud street cat with one ear, one eye, and scars all over I can go mellow and slow and at least say, "I have been there."

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:39 pm 

That is what you get when the powers eliminate unions. Since the service of money takes over quality takes a dive. Everything becomes a race to the bottom. Cheapest workers and cheapest quality. Instead of servicing the common good management services thier debtors.

NYRA takes the publics money and instead of giving back to the community coomon good NYRA focus' on their needs only by outsourcing. Instead of spreading the money it is concentrates betqeen the few. The important point is that NYRA would be better off with unions. They would have better workers, local workers that really care and a better product that is a good community member.

Now NYRA takes NY tax money and a ships it out of state. Low quality workers paid sweatshop wages and a low quality product. All driven by bottom line greed.
1/4 Pole wrote:
NYRA caught $25 million in taxpayer money last year just to stay afloat while the BILLIONS in VLTs were on the shelf. Jeez, it's coming and so is my dead Granpa and Christmas and my neutered tomcat.

I spent two years in the computer room with AutoTote in the early 1990s at A queduct, Belmont, and Saratoga but spent more years than that as a part-time mutuel clerk before and after. I had a New York racing license for both jobs and just could not believe how badly NYRA was run.

In the early '90s part-time mutuel clerks would draw their money and then run with it at the end of the day. The mutuel boss, Vince Hogan, let it fly (he later went to prison and no doubt didn't want to make waves then). I knew a fellow that made off with more than $3,000 and no policeman ever looked for him. I knew part-time mutuel clerks that balanced out at the end of the day and returned their locked money box to the money room that had nothing in it but air.

The last time I worked was at Belmont in 2003. I was happily hired on as an experienced mutuel clerk for Belmont week but my racing license meant nothing - I was an outside contractor working for a temp agency that was in on the cheap for NYRA. I was working with dismal young people that spoke Ebonics and kept trying to hustle a casher out of the 20 cents on the $4.20 winning ticket - "Yo, I be got no change."

Yeah, I still love the action but just like a 10-year-old stud street cat with one ear, one eye, and scars all over I can go mellow and slow and at least say, "I have been there."