The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Teen Bride Might Get Me Into The 21st Century, Wooley
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:40 pm 

I have never owned a cell phone. I don't answer the phone at home unless Caller I.D. tells me that the phone call is from the wife or son.

I got into Facebook to be able to post comments on a newspaper site and catch some groups that grew up in my youth in my old neighborhood long ago. I post no photos, don't want any "friends" and do not want to know anything about how the breasts are doing with my high school girlfriend from more than half a century ago.

The problem? Facebook bounces me now and again when it demands a "mobile number" to verify my identity. My account will keep going if I shoot off my cell phone number and catch a "super secret" code via a text message from Facebook. Damn, a "text" was the heavy book I hauled home from school to study long ago. I have never been involved with a text message.

August 4th, 2017 - The teen bride came back from shopping at Costco with some bulk stuff we use (things like toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates, garbage bags, etc.) And she brought back something else ...

She bought me a cell phone. It's still all wrapped up on Friday night but she told me she will help me set it up on Saturday. You can talk with it, catch a text message and the camera will allow me to go "upskirt" on a crowded bus. And I'll be able to meet the "mobile demands" from Facebook.

No man nowhere ever caught a better girl in 1973.

Post subject: Re: The Teen Bride Might Get Me Into The 21st Century, Woole
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:38 am 

1/4 Pole wrote:
I have never owned a cell phone. I don't answer the phone at home unless Caller I.D. tells me that the phone call is from the wife or son.

I got into Facebook to be able to post comments on a newspaper site and catch some groups that grew up in my youth in my old neighborhood long ago. I post no photos, don't want any "friends" and do not want to know anything about how the breasts are doing with my high school girlfriend from more than half a century ago.

The problem? Facebook bounces me now and again when it demands a "mobile number" to verify my identity. My account will keep going if I shoot off my cell phone number and catch a "super secret" code via a text message from Facebook. Damn, a "text" was the heavy book I hauled home from school to study long ago. I have never been involved with a text message.

August 4th, 2017 - The teen bride came back from shopping at Costco with some bulk stuff we use (things like toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates, garbage bags, etc.) And she brought back something else ...

She bought me a cell phone. It's still all wrapped up on Friday night but she told me she will help me set it up on Saturday. You can talk with it, catch a text message and the camera will allow me to go "upskirt" on a crowded bus. And I'll be able to meet the "mobile demands" from Facebook.

No man nowhere ever caught a better girl in 1973.
:D

:mrgreen: Welcome to 2017!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:51 am 

Holy smokes........I thought I was behind the times when I didn't text until Sandy happened.
It will be easier to post cat photos from the phone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:17 pm 

It's an OFFP (old fart flip phone) by Jitterbug. It does dial tone and has a special button on it that is a hotline to Depends or in case you fall and can't get up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:23 pm 

Oh, Lord......lmao