The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Bride & Sad Face & Yesterday, Wooley
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:12 pm 

Sad Face is a huge tom that was fighting and making a lot of lady cats pregnant in my neighborhood a few years ago. When he was an adolescent kitten I pulled him out of a blizzard, warmed him up and fed him. I think I saved his life and that was before I had any cats in the house. As an adult that huge beast used to show up and I would feed him. He remembered me and allowed me to pet him but he was often bleeding and damaged from cat fights. He knew the wife when she'd lay out food for him and figured out the wife and I were connected and never got nasty with us. Sad Face was a wild animal. That's when I thought about TNR (trap, neuter, return) and that's when cattrapper.org helped me gather up a lot of cats from the neighborhood for vet care and neutering. Many kittens got adopted. Sad Face was "returned".

When he had his balls removed Sad Face was held over for three days by a volunteer vet (at no expense to me) to be loaded up with antibiotics and treated for the wounds he incurred while seeking a date with lady cats. That was almost two years ago and now Sad Face trots the block with no balls, no wounds and looking like a healthy and plump cat. He eats well here and sleeps out back now and again. His neutered children and grandchildren that reside out back love him a lot.

Yesterday? The wife went out to ShopRite for food shopping. While lugging some bags up the driveway to the side door a huge cat raced by her and got between her and the door. The cat flopped and rolled over on his back. That's when the bride laid the groceries down and gave the cat a lot of belly rubs while the feral street cat had his eyes closed.

Yeah, Sad Face knows my house.

Post subject: Re: The Bride & Sad Face & Yesterday, Wooley
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:23 am 

AW :D :D :D

Kudos to the Mrs! She has another "boyfriend" :lol: :lol: :lol: