The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: Texas Rangers Team to Beat in AL
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:51 pm 

I think in 7 games he will be the 3 sanchez equally erratic although he won the clincher he is more versatile and could come out and be the long guy. No way Zito could..I think Righetti is a genius and the rest will benefit Zito. When he is on he is quite good...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:46 pm 

Oswalt gets knocked around tonight Yuckster. Believe me if the Reds don't kick the ball around this series goes back 1-1.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:36 am 

That was probably the worst display of defense we'll see for a long time, good lord. Perhaps Lester Hayes, the old Raiders cornerback, should send some stick um to the Reds, especially Brandon Phillips.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:53 pm 

Poor Brooks Conrad. they should keep him away from all sharp objects as he's had an absolutely horrendous time in the field. I give credit to Bobby for sticking by him but he can't stand by this kid anymore. I hope the kid rebounds because he's probably feeling as low as anyone could possibly feel at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:57 pm 

suffolk otb wrote:
Title of this thread should be "Yankees Team to Beat in the AL".

If Texas somehow wins tonight, they have no shot against the Yankees. The key to beating the Yankees is to (1) pummel their starting pitching and (2) be able to play them even in last three inning. Texas is too free swinging to do the former, and the Yankees lineup will feast on that Texas bullpen. Cliff Lee only gets to pitch in Game 3. We'll give texas that one and it will be Yanks in five.

If Tampa pulls out game 5 in texas, they present a bigger challenge to the Yankees. Tampa's team speed and bullpen neutralize the Yanks to a certain point. But their starting pitching has not been good, and ace Price appears to be running out of steam. Plus that lineup just does not hit much. And home field advantagefor Tampa is minimal as 40% of that crowd will be a Yankee crowd. Baseball should not have a team in Tampa. Yankees in six.

In the NL, Braves are shot and Giants should whomp them tonight. That gives us a SF/Philly game one pitching matchup of Halladay vs. Lincecum. Wow!! I see the Phillies and Giants as pick'em.

Can you imagine having to face either of these two twice and maybe a third time depending on scheduling? Seems like the winner of PHI/SF might have to be favored regardless of AL winner.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:13 am 

TheFlagIsUp wrote:
suffolk otb wrote:
Title of this thread should be "Yankees Team to Beat in the AL".

If Texas somehow wins tonight, they have no shot against the Yankees. The key to beating the Yankees is to (1) pummel their starting pitching and (2) be able to play them even in last three inning. Texas is too free swinging to do the former, and the Yankees lineup will feast on that Texas bullpen. Cliff Lee only gets to pitch in Game 3. We'll give texas that one and it will be Yanks in five.

If Tampa pulls out game 5 in texas, they present a bigger challenge to the Yankees. Tampa's team speed and bullpen neutralize the Yanks to a certain point. But their starting pitching has not been good, and ace Price appears to be running out of steam. Plus that lineup just does not hit much. And home field advantagefor Tampa is minimal as 40% of that crowd will be a Yankee crowd. Baseball should not have a team in Tampa. Yankees in six.

In the NL, Braves are shot and Giants should whomp them tonight. That gives us a SF/Philly game one pitching matchup of Halladay vs. Lincecum. Wow!! I see the Phillies and Giants as pick'em.

Can you imagine having to face either of these two twice and maybe a third time depending on scheduling? Seems like the winner of PHI/SF might have to be favored regardless of AL winner.

Yankmees can beat either one of these guys. Halladay is no mystery to the Yankees and he will match up against Sabathia who dominated Philly last year..Lincecum would as well and his support is the skinniest of the remaining teams. They won each game by a run with lots of help by the Braves defense. Assuming it all goes well for the hometeam should they face the Giants back up the truck the Yanks beat them in 5 if not a sweep..Philly would be much tougher.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:05 pm 

Saw a Vegas Line today . You can get 1000-1 Odds Against Sabathia Stealing A Base In The Championship Series !!

If They Get To Series I would Walk His Lard Ass Every Time . Work Him On the Basepaths as You Can Toss Him Out on a Hit to the Outfield .

Could You Imagine the Crash Crew they Would Need if he ever had to Run two Bases.

Still think Rangers Have an Edge in ALCS . Phils Will handle Giants in a Bunch of Low Scoring Games .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:19 am 

Yanks get a HUGE break now that Lee will only pitch in Games 3 & 7. They have a chance to win this series while facing him once. In the other series, I'm sure we'll here of the lack of production from some of the Phillies bats but as I heard from one announcer," it's not how many hits u get in the post season, it's WHEN u get the hits. Both series should b fun. Go Yanks. :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:47 am 

Yanks dodged a HUGE bullet tonight with the comeback but CC needs to get right. It's obvious the time off and having pitched only twice in the last 15+ days has affected his sharpness. But a win is a win, 4 down 7 to go.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:12 am 

Looks like the Alamo fell again. Jeez, I give Texas no shot now - they came apart like a two-dollar watch. After cruising along in game one before choking and croaking game 2 now becomes a "must win deal".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next