The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Cats As Pets - I Need Help
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:13 pm 

Last night when my wife came home from work she went into her bedroom to take off her business suit after a long day down on Wall Street. I'm a homeless vet trying to sell pencils without that girl despite working one, two, and three jobs for 40 years. Sweet little Shiloh raced in and jumped up on the bed.

I hear the bride talking baby talk to Shiloh and I see the little cat arching her back and prancing with joy while the bride pets her head and puts a gentle hand under her chin.

Trouble rushes in and jumps on the bed. My wife asks him, "And how's the big guy been all day?" She pets him and he closes his eyes and tilts his head to the ceiling mewing with joy. I'm watching this from the hallway. Nobody knows I'm there.

My son and I are worried about that woman - she's showing the early signs of an animal abuser. I get up before dawn. When my wife sleeps in on the weekend she oftentimes has three cats sleeping up against her body and sometimes she will have an arm draped across the Momcat or one of the kittens while snoring. The ASPCA has warnings out about that type of behavior.

Can anybody help me save the cats from this woman?

Post subject: Re: Cats As Pets - I Need Help
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:45 pm 

Cats always greet you with joy, they might not jump on you or slobber all over you like dogs but they have their own way to welcome you home. Of course Northern Tuna and King Crab seals the deal :)

Post subject: Re: Cats As Pets - I Need Help
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:34 pm 

BL, I love the greetings I get at 4:30 or 5:00 in the morning. The cats jump gently into my bed and work my feet and legs very easily with their paws (claws in). Somebody will walk up my side or up my gut and chest very slowly and very gently. No cat will make a sound. No cat will make any attempt to hurt me with teeth or claws.

Wide awake I will often find the momcat Mister Mittens just inches from my face. She will be sitting next to my right shoulder and staring into my eyes. When I pet her she will leap off the bed and race to her feed dish in the kitchen with her two kittens galloping right behind her.

I go downstairs and if I don't close the bathroom door I will have three cats glaring at me close by and standing on my right foot when I take my morning pee.

When I open the bathroom door there are three cats nailed to it. When I get to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for the cats they go all happy and mew and meow with joy.

If I give them something they don't like they will sniff it and walk away to go grab some more sleep while I have lost mine.

If they like the stuff I give them they will gobble happily.