The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Good Lord! Sweet Babycakes Goes Into Rigor Mortis
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:15 pm 

No war stories but when I saw Sweet Babycakes tied up like bodies can go after a day or two I just had to snap the photo. Her front limbs are all like she's in rigor mortis but her belly and chest were moving so I figured she was breathing. As I walked by her to go downstairs to snatch another beer I gently rubbed her belly. She stretched, sighed, and went back to sleep.

Most cats that are regularly beaten, kicked, and abused would go off in the air and try to flee with teeth and claws out but the cats at my house actually love their human slaves.

Post subject: Re: Good Lord! Sweet Babycakes Goes Into Rigor Mortis
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:49 pm 

Now...THAT is a relaxed kitty!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:55 pm 

Its good to see that they have complete trust, excellent job

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:20 pm 

Sweet Babycakes is the nicest girl I haver met in my entire life. Next year when I turn 64 I might meet a nicer girl but somehow I doubt it.

When the decision was made to keep the momcat Mister Mittens and her son Trouble after two kittens were adopted, the little runt girl Shiloh (Sweet Babycakes) was off to the county shelter when I got no call from the North Shore Animal League.

Me to Wife: "I've been reading cat books. I think we can handle the runt along with the Mom and the tomcat."

Wife: "Three cats, Larry???!"

Me: "I can't let her go to the county shelter. She's tiny and looks like they'll put her down within three days for being an unadoptable kitten. She's small and weak."

Wife: "I'm going to bed for a nap. Give me the small kitten."

I think the rest is history so far. I have had theories about mothers ever since I had one but I'm not about to rant about mothers that love small creatures from whatever species.

I'm just so happy that Sweet Babycakes (Shiloh) is alive and a wonderful house cat. The bride named her Shiloh for being small and "shy" and for being "low" to the ground as the runt of the litter. In the street that little girl is in trouble and no doubt dead early on if Mister Mittens did not catch a home. Nothing here gets "catty" except for the love and friendship showed to the pregnant kitten cat Mister Mittens by my son John.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:10 am 

Jeez, the three humans at my house will go pee before going to bed and then go walking around the house to make sure that Sweet Babycakes is OK.

There is just something about a little girl even if she is a feline cat-thing little girl.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:08 am 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
Cats really know how to relax and they do it without the hangover :lol: