The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: Kitty Had Kittens
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:54 pm 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
Good job QP!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:45 am 

I'll do the right thing for the cats. Sometimes it seems like life is all about taking care of things you never planned on, wanted, or expected but I've had plenty of practice.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:12 pm 

Mittens comes into the house for breakfast, lunch and dinner and to hang out on a break from nursing but I hadn't been out to the garage since moving the kittens out there on the day they were born.

I find out this morning that the beloved bride, after a long day's work yesterday, went out last night to prurchase a "cat bed" for the new boarders so I just had to go outside to snap some pix.

Image Oh oh, we're missing two kittens.

Image Mittens has everything under control - nurse two, watch two, then reverse the process.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:21 pm 

I've been a dog man all my life but even a dumb old Mick can read the handwriting on the garage wall. I need to learn a lot about cat care since I just know that Mittens is destined to go "un-feral" and become a spayed house cat before the weather goes cold again. We figure she's hardly a year old.

My border collie mix Susan had pups at 8 months and I had her for more than 19 years. In heat that dog would chase male dogs with her tail up while running backwards and I'm done as a breeder.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:28 pm 

The bride buys Mittens a new bed. What does Mittens do? Like all cats I've ever known--lays where she damn well pleases! LOLOLLLLLLLLLLL

QP, we gotta find out if that's Arrow's cat in her new avatar. I ain't sure what's on that head!!! A green orange, a grapefruit, a lemon, a lime?

Funny, funny stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:42 pm 

Good job taking care of God's creatures. We are all going to need things like this on our resume when our day is up. When the cats are weened I would like to adopt one of the kittens for my daughter.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:01 am 

You got one, Samyn. I think they're weaned after 6 weeks.

This morning I found the 4 kittens snoozing in their bed but Mittens was gone. I had bad visions of phoning a vet about how to feed week-old kittens with no mother.

I was out weeding the garden and Mittens jumps over the cyclone fence along the driveway, does a meow and parks her ass by the side door looking for breakfast. She was out prowling around doing whatever a cat does.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:52 am 

Quote:
She was out prowling around doing whatever a cat does.

You don't want this! If she continues this, Sammie will need to take all four kittens to make room for the next crowd of babies.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm 

She better not go fertile on me while she's nursing this bunch. Even kindly old farts such as myself have a snapping point.

I'm new to this cat business and winging it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:25 pm 

1) You want to get her fixed as soon as you are able.

2) You want to get a microchip implanted into her neck for identification purposes in case she gets lost.

3) Get her fixed as soon as you are able.

:lol: :lol: :lol: